Increase in the use of mobile devices and mobile computing has made a great impact on the consumer sphere. It is now counted as the productivity driver in the corporate world as well. As per a report by Gartner, half of the employers will voluntarily advocate the Bring Your Own Device environment by 2017. In fact, by 2020 almost 72% of American workforce will constitute of itinerant employees.
The numbers advocate that enterprise mobility will become one of the core strategies of businesses in the near future. Enterprise mobility is not about maintaining multiple mobile devices. The concept revolves around the flexibility of businesses in adapting new technologies and making it usable for the employees.
The strategy is going to have a major impact on the way entire company functions. Therefore, it becomes imperative for the authorities to examine the entire mobility setup for different vulnerabilities. Some of the ways industries can follow to construct an unbeatable enterprise mobility solution are as follows:
- Understand Goals and OutcomesIt is often observed that many companies cross half the way without taking the first step properly. The authorities are keener on deciding the version of IOS the employees will be using, instead of thinking about why they need an Apple device and which set of employees should be given those. The ideal way of tailoring an enterprise mobility strategy is to first examine whether the implementation of mobility strategy generates new opportunities or improves customer retention ability or not. The entrepreneur needs to check if there are any developments required in the present business model to accommodate mobility tools.
- Continuous Upgrades in Mobility AppsThere has been a gradual yet steady change in the manner customers and employees are using the mobile phones. To achieve customer and employee retention, entrepreneurs need to continually update the apps by introducing new interfaces, functionalities, icons or buttons.
- Platform NeutralityEntrepreneurs need to judge the number of devices employees or customers will be using. Therefore, crafting enterprise mobility solution on a neutral platform is an advisable move. Considering the outburst of IoT and wearable technology, the strategies built on neutral platforms empower entrepreneurs to increase the usability of mobility apps.
- Efficient and Secured Management of InformationWith mobility apps used on multiple devices, tracking information flow becomes a cumbersome task. Due to rampant hacking attacks and security breaches, entrepreneurs need to constantly monitor the information being accessed on mobile devices. Securing the flow of information is altogether a different ball game for the authorities and some firms may require recruiting an entire team for just managing mobility apps and ensuring security of data. All the actions are inevitable since companies have to be sure that the confidential data is secured with their employees and is not disclosed to third parties.
- Device Restriction for Security ReasonsIt is evident that in any office with BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) policy, security issues lingers. If the authorities block personal mails, social networks and other diversions then there are chances that employees will become unhappy and this may have a negative effect on their productivity. Therefore, owners need to make their employees understand the importance of data security and educate them to use their devices judiciously.
- Utilize CloudTo ensure security of data and other relevant information, enterprises can leverage cloud storage and avoid storing the same on employees’ personal devices. Cloud service is one of the ideal options for constructing an enterprise mobility strategy without putting much pressure on the IT and admin staff. With frequent technological changes, cloud services promise to offer solutions which withstand the test of time.
Passionate about Marketing & Branding. And Avid Lover of Social Media Strategy, Especially, LinkedIn. A Technology Enthusiast Loves to Write about Enterprise Communication and Video Surveillance Solutions, Connect with me on LinkedIn