The GMB was founded in 1982 under the Gujarat Maritime Board Act,
1981. Gujarat Maritime Board (GMB) is a government agency of the
Government of Gujarat, a state of India. It controls, manages, and
operates a total of 44 minor ports of Gujarat including some with private
companies and 10 offices.
From 3% of the total national port traffic handled by minor ports of Gujarat in 1982-83, they grew to handle 31% of total national port traffic in 2016-17. They also handle 71.3% of all minor port traffic in India. In 2018-19, minor ports of Gujarat handled a total of 542 MMT of cargo.
They are one of the fastest-growing Gujarat government marine agencies.
As a rapidly and constantly sprouting Gujarat government marine agency, the GMB decided to develop a new corporate space at the Gandhinagar Gift City. On account of the same, they required a strong communication architecture to be installed that fulfills all the needs of a modern corporate enterprise. They required a solution that gives them a single platform unication of numerous business essentials. Their prime demands from the proposed solution can be summed up as:
- Corporate-grade Professional Communication
- Hassle-free Workflow Management
- Single Box Solution for Multiple Networks
- Smooth Communication without Wired Connectivity
- Secure Business Connectivity
- Unifed Services for Better Collaboration
Matrix studied the challenges in-depth and crafted a custom solution by proposing an IP-based UC platform along with IP extensions and gateways. The solution was designed to be well-equipped to manage all business communications from one place. The PRASAR UCS added in the solution suffices the much-needed - Collaboration, Communication, Messaging, and Mobility for any corporate space. Unifying all the communication networks and devices provides users with the fexibility of accessing the calls, messaging, and voicemails from any of the devices irrespective of their location.
Matrix also kept in mind the modern enterprises’ search for solutions that are future-proof, long-lasting, and hybrid in certain areas that give them a comprehensive solution. They prefer a system that is cost-effective on multiple fronts.
This led the solution to be further developed with the addition of gateways, both VoIP and PRI. Finally, the solution was fully proofed by deploying two different-leveled IP extensions as required. The IP extensions were picked with a crisp vision of balancing user convenience and advanced call management.
Matrix successfully understood their communication requirements and deployed an apt IP solution that exactly it their needs. This helped the GMB by facilitating the following communication features:
- A modern IP solution that is advanced as well as pocket friendly
- Next-generation communication technology for a future-proof investment
- Redefined call management with 100+ business calling features
- Unified communication on a single universal platform
- Workspace collaborations for less time wastage and more productivity
- Enhanced ease of management with web-based UI
- 24x7 emergency-ready corporate connectivity
- Increased employee responsiveness for more efficiency
- Access to new-age multi-location/remote communication mobility
- Robust and least-maintenance hardware architecture
- Minimum-downtime software for consistent communication
- PRASAR UCS hosted on SPARK200: This Matrix IP-based Unified Communication Server is a combination of hardware, SPARK200, and software PRASAR UCS. With IP-at-core, PRASAR forms the basis of a Voice over IP solution for modern-day business enterprises that connects internal and external decision-makers at multiple locations for effective communication and real-time collaboration, while making the most of the existing telecom infrastructure.
It is a platform that enables modern enterprises to use a single service for various mediums for communication like SMS, E-mail, Voice-mail, Instant messaging, Presence sharing, Audio-Video calling, and Audio-Video conferencing. It provides high-speed and HD quality audio-video collaboration with multiple units established over various geographies to accelerate organizational growth by bringing employees together anytime, anywhere, and catering smooth reachability to the target business audience.
- MATRIX Series of IP Extensions: SPARSH Series of IP Extensions are elegantly designed to offer reliable performance, quality of business communication, and efficient call management. It provides High-Quality Speakerphone, Programmable Feature and DSS Keys, Corporate Directory, Message Wait Lamp, Voice Mail, and Intuitive User Interface.
- SPARSH VP510E: This premium business IP phone sets the benchmark for quality performance with its elegant design and crystal-clear voice. SPARSH VP510E features a vivid LCD Graphical Display, Context-Sensitive Keys, Direct Station Selection (DSS) keys, 32 Keys Expansion Module, Headset Connectivity, High- Quality Full Duplex Speakerphone and High-Definition Audio Quality.
- SPARSH VP210: This entry-level Gigabit IP Phone SPARSH VP210 redefines the desktop telephony experience and quality of business communications. SPARSH VP210 provides features and functions normally available in high-end such as 128x64 pixel, backlight graphical LCD, 5-line display, context-sensitive keys, Full-duplex Speakerphone, Integrated PoE, Gigabit Ethernet, and a broad array of Call management Features. SPARSH VP210 finds its applications in call centers, enterprises, small businesses, branch ofces, and government sectors.
- MATRIX Range of Gateways: The future of business connectivity is encapsulated in this next-gen solution range - Matrix Media Gateways. This advanced network- bridging solution offers interfaces for multiple networks. It can be used with any existing PBX without changing their existing telephony infrastructure or in a standalone mode too. It works as an adjunct and supports fiexible routing options, providing significant cost savings and round-the-clock connectivity.
- SETU VTEP: The SETU VTEP Multiport VoIP-PRI gateway supports PRI protocol and adopts standard T1/E1 trunk interface and provides a smooth transition by enabling direct routing of calls between the fixed-line ISDN and the cost-effective IP networks for capitalizing on low-cost VoIP telephony. By integrating a VoIP-PRI gateway with existing PBX telephone systems, businesses of all sizes can benefit from low-cost voice-over IP calls and achieve substantial cost savings without the high upfront costs associated with communications infrastructure changes related to the migration to VoIP.
- SETU VFX: - SETU VFX series is a range of multi-channel VOIP - FXO and FXS Gateways. VFX series offer 4-8-16-32 FXO/FXS Gateways to connect TDM based telephony infrastructure to an IP network. For organizations that have already migrated to IP, SETU VoIP Gateways provides a POTS trunking option. Ideal for legacy TDM phone systems, these Gateways offer access to new generation VOIP and the benefits of low-cost long-distance calls.